California SHOOTING: 4 dead, several injured at family gathering in Stockton, police hint ‘targeted attack’
California SHOOTING: At least four people were killed and ten others sustained bullet injuring in a shooting that took place at a banquet hall in Stockton on Saturday evening.
California SHOOTING: A tragic incident has surfaced from the United States where at least four people were killed and another 14 sustained bullet injuries at a family gathering on Saturday night. The shooting incident took place in Northern California. Heather Brent, spokesperson for the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office, informed that among the deceased were two children. The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office, on the basis of the initial probe, stated that the shooting incident may have been a targeted incident.
California SHOOTING: What Did Stockton’s Vice Mayor Say?
According to Stockton’s vice mayor Jason Lee, he informed in a Facebook post that the shooting took place at a kid’s birthday party, adding that he is in police team investigating the case.
“I am in contact with staff and public safety officials to understand exactly what happened, and I will be pushing for answers,” he wrote on the Facebook post.
Local police said that they received a distress call around 6 pm that shots were fired near the 1900 block of Lucile Avenue. The block is about 50 miles east of San Francisco.
California SHOOTING: Where Did The Shooting Incident Happen?
The gunshots were fired inside a banquet hall that has a common parking lot that is also used by several other businesses.
Detectives have initiated a probe and are trying to find out the prime motive for the attack that killed four people.
However, authorities did not share information about the victims’ conditions initially, though cops stated earlier that the injured had been rushed to a hospital.
California SHOOTING: What Did San Joaquin District Attorney Say?
Joaquin District Attorney Ron Frietas held a press conference regarding the shooting incident and stated that the accused, after shooting several people, fled the scene and is still at large.
“The individual responsible is still outstanding. If you have any information as to this individual, reach out immediately. If you are this individual, turn yourself in immediately,” he said.
The deceased victims were believed to be attending a family function when the shooting occurred.
Stockton has a population of 3,20,000 and is located roughly 64 km south of Sacramento.
Local police and special detectives have initiated a manhunt to nab the accused person and further investigation is underway.
(Note: This is a developing story and further details will be added.)
What's Your Reaction?