Maduro rebuffs Trump over military placement, situation likely to worsen as Venezuela deploys drones and ships

Venezuela has filed a petition with the United Nations seeking intervention in this dispute.

Aug 30, 2025 - 06:30
 0
Maduro rebuffs Trump over military placement, situation likely to worsen as Venezuela deploys drones and ships

New Delhi: Venezuela has deployed warships and drones to patrol its coastal area. This step has been taken amid increasing tension with America. The US Doland Trump administration sent three warships and 4,000 marines to Venezuela’s border last week, talking of curbing drug trafficking. After this, Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro said that he will not bow down to America and will respond to it.

USA is deploying guided missile cruisers and nuclear-powered submarines

Venezuela’s Defence Minister Vladimir Padrino released a video on social media on Tuesday, August 26. He said that drone deployment and naval patrols have been started on the Caribbean coast. This includes sending large ships to Venezuela’s territorial waters. On the other hand, after three warships in the Caribbean, America is sending guided missile cruisers and nuclear-powered submarines to this region. This is expected to increase tension.

Petition filed in the United Nations

On Tuesday, August 26, Venezuela filed a petition with the United Nations seeking intervention in this dispute. Venezuela has demanded that the United Nations stop the US military deployment in the Caribbean immediately. The tension between US President Doland Trump and Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro is not new. Even during Trump’s first presidential term, his stance on Maduro was tough.

Accusation of cocaine smuggling

The Trump administration has accused Maduro of being the leader of the cocaine smuggling gang Cartel de los Soles. Doland Trump has adopted a policy of pressure on Venezuela even after becoming President for the second time in January this year. This also includes oil sanctions, but he has failed to oust Maduro from power.

Nicolas Maduro’s tough stance

In response to America’s threats, Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro said that he would deploy 45 lakh militia fighters. He said that his country will not be afraid of America’s threats, and all necessary steps will be taken for the safety of its people. He has also announced the deployment of drones and ships.

HIGHLIGHT

  • Venezuela deploys warships and drones to patrol its coastal area.
  • The Trump administration sent three warships and 4,000 marines to Venezuela’s border last week.
  • Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro said that he will not bow down to America and will respond to it.
  • Venezuela says that drone deployment and naval patrols have started on the Caribbean coast.

On Tuesday, August 26, Venezuela filed a petition with the United Nations seeking intervention in this dispute. Venezuela has demanded that the United Nations stop the US military deployment in the Caribbean immediately. The tension between US President Doland Trump and Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro is not new. Even during Trump’s first presidential term, his stance on Maduro was tough.

What's Your Reaction?

like

dislike

love

funny

angry

sad

wow